Monday, December 29, 2008

Did I Say Mac and Cheese?

Random story:

I was standing in line at the hot food section of the deli in a large grocery store waiting to order a little something to tide me over until I could get home.

The person in front of me in line was ordering a little of everything for his family, and the person serving the food didn't appear to be the most customer-service oriented employee I've ever seen.  At one point the guy and his wife were discussing what else they wanted and I could see that the employee had noticed a little bit of old food that had become crusted to the counter.  The guy turned back and ordered some Mac and Cheese then resumed arguing with his wife.   The employee grabbed the serving spoon, still looking at the crusted grossness, then proceeded to scrape off the grossossity with the edge of the spoon.  When she was satisfied, she took the spoon and scooped out the Mac and Cheese.

I didn't order any Mac and Cheese that day.

3 comments:

Epijunky said...

I can't blame you.

Jesus.

Remind me to not bitch at anyone when in line at the deli.

Glen said...

EEEWWWWWW!!!!

*~Dani~* said...

That is absolutely disgusting. I am not sure I would be able to eat anything that person served. Anything. Until some other day when I would have forgotten the whole episode happened.