Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Today's "Reason For Your Visit"

When a patient checks in at our ER, they are asked to fill out a half-sheet of paper with name, phone, SSN, birth date, and "reason for your visit".

Whenever I work triage, I write down the interesting ones and have been building up a list.  Some are funny, some embarrassing, and some just tickle my warped sense of humor.  I try to give the benefit of the doubt.  I know that these people are hurting and just want to be seen, but it still makes me shake my head to see some of the things that patients can come up with.

Thus, my regular (as in whenever I feel like it) series, "Reason For Your Visit."  Please keep in mind that spelling, punctuation, and capitalization are copied directly from the original paper.


So let's get to today's Reason For Your Visit:

have Epilepsy have headache

have Epilepsy, have headache, heck, have whatever you want!  I'm just giving it away!

1 comment:

Tonjia said...

sucks to be them, huh?

I had one once that said "viral mango encephalitis"... I didnt stop laughing for hours....