Sunday, March 22, 2009

My New Band

Okay, so just for fun, I found this little game on a relative's blog, and thought it would kill a few minutes, so off I went.  I don't have photoshop on this computer, so I did what I could with Microsoft Paint (which is not very much).  Also, I didn't use the first Wikipedia article, because it made no sense whatsoever, and the second one just happened to already be a band.  That's fine, though, because I never follow the arbitrary rules in these memes anyway.

CREATE YOUR OWN BAND AND DEBUT ALBUM!


To Do This

1 - Go to “wikipedia.” Hit “random”

or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random

The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.


2 - Go to “Random quotations”

or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3

The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.


3 - Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”

or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days

Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.


4 - Use photoshop or similar to put it all together. (I don't have photoshop and didn’t spend a ton of time on mine)

And here is the result:



7 comments:

EDNurseasauras said...

Check out mine, I liked it so much I put it on my sidebar. I followed the rules. The quote is oh so appropriate for an ER nurse.

Braden said...

Wow that one is perfect!

EDNurseasauras said...

Scary.

Curdie said...

You don't have photoshop elements?? It's $100 that you'll wish you had spent years ago.

Sent you an email.

Karin, RN said...

Because of this, you earn a spot in my blogroll. OK, maybe that's not quite a big honor.

Fun post. I should try it.

Braden said...

Not a big honor? Are you kidding? I'm organizing a parade as we speak.

RehabNurse said...

Braden:

I didn't even need Photoshop. I used IfranView and superimposed the text on top.

No fuss, no muss.