Wednesday, March 11, 2009

American Idol Top 13

I'll be quick tonight:

1. Lil - I can see why people like her, but to me, she is a one-trick pony, and I don't like her trick.  5/10
2. Scott - He is just so darn likeable.  7/10
3. Danny - He took a crappy song and blew it out the box.  9/10
4. Michael - He beat my expectations, but then again, my expectations weren't very high.  4/10
5. Speaking of low expectations, Jasmine gets a 7/10 - the best female performance of the night.
6. Kris - My wife thinks he is cute.  I think his wife is cute.  7/10
7. Allison - Another one-trick pony.  She's good in her niche, but you can only pull songs into your niche for so long.  5/10
8. Anoop is my homey, and the judges are stupid.  9/10
9. Jorge - Boring.  4/10
10. Megan - She has a spicy, unique voice, but like any spice, I can only stand so much of it.  5/10
11. Adam - I was enjoying the toned-down beginning and was looking forward to getting behind it.  Then it got bad.  Then it got terrible.  Kara said he was singing notes she didn't even know existed.  That's right, Kara, because they don't exist.  It is called screeching, and it is usually what animals do as they are dying.  3/10
12. Matt - I couldn't really understand him.  Not bad.  Not good.  6/10
13. Alexis - She swallowed so many words, she's going to need some Tums.  Way overdone.  5/10

So there you have it.  You could kick all six girls off tonight (Alexis, Allison, Adam, Megan, Jasmine, Lil) and the show would be none the worse for it.

My predictions:  Jorge and Michael go home.  Maybe Allison or Megan instead.

No comments: